My husband and I frequently go to a Mexican restaurant near us that makes fresh salsa and guacamole table-side. We rave to everyone about this guacamole. There is just something about it that is so simple and fresh and DELICIOUS. So, wanting to make it at home, my husband started paying attention to what they were putting in the giant stone bowl. Turns out…it is a very simple recipe…at least 5 less ingredients than I usually put in my guacamole. So, here it is, our NEW go-to guacamole recipe.
We used 4 ripe avocados, 1/2 finely chopped white onion, 2 cloves of garlic-minced, the juice of 1 small lime, a large handful of cilantro and 1/4tsp kosher salt.
Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and mash with a potato masher.
Let chill in the refrigerator for a least 1 hour.
Serve with tortilla chips & enjoy!
- 4 Ripe avocados
- 1/2 Finely chopped white onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves - minced
- Juice of 1 small lime
- Large handful of cilantro
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt - add more to taste
- Halve avocados and scoop out the meat
- Finely chop onion
- Using a garlic press, mince garlic
- Roughly chop cilantro
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mash with a potato masher