For as long as I can remember, Spoon Cornbread was a staple at our holiday dinners…special thanks to my Aunt Christine. It doesn’t last long and there are usually a few fights over the last piece or the leftovers. If you bring this to your next family dinner or potluck, make sure you bring along the recipe because people WILL be asking for it. Promise.
I can best describe this as cornbread + casserole. It also reminds me a bit of the corn-cake you get at ChiChi’s. I haven’t been to one of those for over 9 years…so, not entirely sure if they serve it anymore.
Spoon Cornbread is VERY easy to make, can be made in one dish and is sure to be a crowd pleaser. You can throw this together in less time than it takes to pre-heat your oven.
Pre-heat your oven to 350°.
Start with a 2.5 qt or 3 qt baking dish. Melt the butter in it. Add two eggs and mix until combined.
Add sour cream and mix until combined.
Add in corn, creamed corn & Jiffy cornbread mix. Stir.
Bake uncovered at 350° for 45 minutes. Warning…your house will start to smell amazing about 25 minutes in.
To make it extra tasty, you can add a little butter, but definitely not necessary.
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 1 can corn - drained
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 box Jiffy corn bread mix
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Start with a 2.5 qt or 3 qt baking dish
- Melt the butter in baking dish
- Add two eggs and mix until combined
- Add sour cream and mix until combined.
- Add in corn, creamed corn & Jiffy cornbread mix. Stir
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 45 minutes
- This is a casserole, so the center is going to be soft. That is normal.